The winners of the Aquatan SAICE Project Awards for Civil Engineering Excellence were annouced on 15 October 2009 at the Forum, the Campus in Bryanston.
The winners were:
A commendation was awarded to 'iSimangaliso Wetland Park Infrastructure Development' in the Community Based category.
The winning project for the Community-based category was 'Ultra Thin Reinforced Concrete Pavement Demonstration Road, Soshanguve'.
There was no commendation in the Technical Excellence category, however, joint winners were announced as follows:
'Foundations for the Moses Mabhida Stadium Arch'
'Gansbaai Water Treatment Works'
There was no commendation in the International category, the winner was 'Mandena Mine Salinity Control Weir'
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park Infrastructure Development
- EPWP Vuk'uphile Learnership Project for George & Mossel Bay Municipalities
- Twenty Townships Upgrading Roads Programme: Road 36,11, Soshanguwe
Technical Excellence Projects
- Helderberg Coastal Sewer
- Design and construction of the Mohokare Bridge over the Caledon River
- Safety improvement measures: Kaaimans Pass
- Western Freeway Upgrade
- Foundations for the Moses Mabhida Stadium Arch
- New Dense Effluent Marine Outfall and associated Head Works
- Waverley Park Phase 2
- Northern Wastewater Treatment Works
- Gansbaai Water Treatment Works
- Ntimbale Dam - Botswana
- Mandena Mine Salinity Control Weir
- Development of Mirdif Interchange - Dubai
The 2010 competition will include a special section for stadiums with categories for both stadium upgrades and newly built stadiums.
For more information, contact Zina Girald at SAICE, Tel: 27 (0)11 805 5947 or [email protected].